Keveral Farm, an organic farming community in Cornwall, is often looking for new members.
You must have a desire to live in a community, be willing to take part in all aspects of managing the co-op, and be enthusiastic about living in the shared farmhouse.
Vacancies are usually in the farmhouse, where there are eight bedrooms plus shared kitchen, dining room, lounge, large conservatory and bathroom.
The rent is from about £55-80 per week depending on the accommodation, and the fuel charge is £34 per month for everyone.
You must be happy to live in a shared house - so you need to be easy-going, respectful and responsible.
We also have separate dwellings (static caravans, a barn conversion and a wooden cabin) which sometimes become available.
The joining process to becoming a full member takes at least 8 months, but usually about one year.
The joining process consists of:
1. initial visits, find out about Keveral, help out, discussions and questions
3. a longer stay in the house, pay rent if you are able, get involved
4. express your wish to start a trial period, share your thoughts, further discussions and questions
6. begin a 6 month trial period
7. a review after 3 months
8. a review after 5 months (to hopefully resolve any issues that anyone has)
9. after 6 months, the decision on full membership (which could be an extension of the trial period if there are still issues)
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and say something about yourself, why you think you would like to live at Keveral, and what you might do to support yourself financially.
If we invite you to visit, you would stay for a few days or a week as a volunteer.
We are not able to invite everyone who is interested.
Go here for essential information about our community.