Keveral Farm, an organic farming community in Cornwall, is sometimes looking for new members.
You must have a desire to live in a community, be willing to take part in all aspects of managing the co-op, and be enthusiastic about living in the shared farmhouse.
Vacancies are usually in the farmhouse, where there are eight bedrooms plus shared kitchen, dining room, lounge, large conservatory and bathroom.
The rent is from about £55-80 per week depending on the accommodation, and the fuel charge is £80 per month for everyone.
You must be happy to live in a shared house - so you need to be easy-going, respectful and responsible.
We also have separate dwellings (static caravans, a barn conversion and a wooden cabin), but these are usually occupied by existing members.
The joining process to becoming a full member can vary according to circumstances, but is generally this:
1. send us an email telling us about yourself;
2. initial visits: find out about Keveral, help out, discussions and questions;
3. a pre-trial period: start a longer stay in the house, pay rent, get involved;
4. request membership: express your wish to start a trial period, share your thoughts, further discussions and questions;
5. trial period: begin a 6 month trial period;
6. a review after 3 months;
7. a review after 5 months (to hopefully resolve any issues that anyone has);
8. after 6 months, the decision on full membership (or decide to extend the trial period if there are still issues)
If you are interested, please email email@example.com and say something about yourself, why you think you would like to live at Keveral, and what you might do to support yourself financially.
Please note that we have a lot of enquiries from prospective residents, we cannot reply to everyone, and we are only able to invite a small number.
If we invite you to visit, you would stay for a few days or a week as a volunteer.
If we don't invite you, but you want to visit anyway to see what we are like, you can stay as a self-contained paying camper.
Go here for essential information about our community.
THIS PAGE UPDATED MARCH 2023